Best Sheepadoodles desires to place Sheepadoodle puppies of exceptional health, temperament and looks in great-fit forever homes.
LOCATED IN BEAUTIFUL gREENVILLE, south carolina, OUR Sheepadoodle PUPPIES ARE TENDERLY RAISED IN OUR HOME WHERE THEY ARE WELL SOCIALIZED WITH OUR CHILDREN.
Who are we? Erin (that's me) is a former teacher, now stay-at-home mom for our two wonderful children. I'm a self-admitted total animal lover. We work closely with the our neighbors who own Crockett Doodles. I've never met an animal I didn't adore. Which is why we have an Old English Sheepdog (Willow), a cat (Indy), and a rabbit (Twigs). I absolutely love puppies, and the hardest part about all of this is saying goodbye to them. Although we are very particular about finding great homes for our Sheepadoodles. My husband, Nate, is the owner of the Red Elm Landscape company. As one of the fastest growing, most prestigious landscape teams in upstate South Carolina, Red Elm primarily services the Cliffs Communities and The Reserve at Lake Keowee.. Nate loves what he does and is exceptionally good at it.
- Sheepadoodles are 50% Old English Sheepdog and 50% Poodle.
- Often Goldendoodle or Labradoodle owners looking for a larger dog get a Sheepadoodle.
- Typical Sheepadoodle colors are black, black and white, or red and white (rare).
- Sheepadoodles are comparable to Goldendoodles with the following differences:
- Sheepadoodles are usually larger
- Sheepadoodles are usually more likely to be a watch dog
- Sheepadoodles have more striking colors (usually)
- Sheepadoodles typically have blockier head shapes
- Both are outstanding with children, are typically very healthy and tend to love the water
- A Sheepadoodle's hybrid vigor is the result of crossing two diverse gene pools (Poodles + Old English Sheepdog). Frequently the resulting Sheepadoodle puppy (OES/Poodle) has fewer health issues than either parent breed would have.
- We never ship puppies as we think it provides a terrible start. We have people from all over the U.S. (and Canada) drive to one of our pick up homes to get a Sheepadoodle puppy; fly to us and fly back with their Sheepadoodle in the passenger compartment, or have us hand deliver their puppy for 60 cents a mile.
gentle, inquisitive, & loyal companions
Why Get a Sheepadoodle?
Why would a person get a Sheepadoodle? Almost anyone who has owned an Old English Sheepdog has fallen in love with this double-coated shaggy dog. Known for their wildly thick low-shedding coats, Old English Sheepdogs were originally farm dogs/companions with several purposes. They are affectionate, but not overly dependent. To friendly to be a good guard dog, the size and loud bark of the Old English Sheepdog, helps them excel as watch dogs. Their herding instinct will sometimes kick in when the Old English Sheepdog gets protective of children. They're very watchful over children, and like to know where their "kids" are at all times.
Why would you consider a Sheepadoodle instead of a purebred Old English Sheepdog?
Although you never can perfectly predict which trait a hybrid doodle puppy will get, many people find the Sheepadoodle to have these added benefits over an Old English Sheepdog.
- Sheepadoodles are usually healthier
- hybrid vigor typically makes a doodle healthier than its original purebred counterpart
- additionally poodles tend to be a very healthy breed with few hip problems
- Sheepadoodles are usually very friendy
- might still be a watch dog
- but not not as territorial as a purebred OES
- Sheepadoodles are intelligent; since poodles are practically geniuses
- Sheepadoodles are easier to train than a purebred Old English Sheepdog
- Poodles are very eager to please,
- Whereas the OES can be somewhat stubborn
- Sheepadoodles are usually non-shedding.
- Most Sheepadoodle owners say their dog is non-shedding
- Pure Old English Sheepdogs are usually low-to-moderate shedders
- Sheepadoodles are non-drueling.
- Sheepadoodles usually love the water.
- Poodles were originally water retrievers
- Sheepadoodles are nice exercise companions.
- A Sheepadoodle tends to be a much better jogging partner than an Old English Sheepdog who may try to herd you the entire time.
- Also Sheepadoodles usually have a little lighter bone structure (though they appear just as fluffy with their thick coats)
- Sheepadoodles usually travel very well.
- Sheepadoodles are known for being outstanding with children (not as likely to herd children as a pure OES).
- Sheepadoodles have more color options than a purebred Old English Sheepdog.
- Mini Sheepadoodles give you additional sizing options than you wouldn't have with an OES.
- Like most standard poodles, the vast majority of Sheepadoodles are very friendly to other animals (cats, guinea pigs, etc).
- Most doodle owners love their present doodle so much that they swear that they will never own another non-doodle dog. Sheepadoodles provide an additional doodle variety for someone who already owns a Labradoodle, Goldendoodle, or Aussiedoodle. Click here for the Crockett Doodles website which explains differences between various doodles.
Willow is a beauty
Willow's outstanding temperament matches her good looks. Sometimes we let her get a little shaggy, and then when we have her groomed she looks like a different dog.
We love Our Old English Sheepdog
Willow, is an outstanding Old English Sheepdog. We did a lot of research to find a great breeder, who would sell Willow with breeding rights. We love her temperament, and Willow is great with our kids. Unlike some other Doodle crosses (Labradoodles, Goldendoodles, etc), the Old English Sheepdog sheds very little to begin with. So the resulting puppy has a very, very strong chance of being non-shedding and hypoallergenic.
With Sheepadoodles, you're crossing a non-shedding breed (poodle) with a very low shedding breed (Old English Sheepdog) instead of a high shedding breed (like a Lab) with a non-shedding breed (like a poodle).
Our friends, the Crocketts, let us borrow their gorgeous red standard poodle, to be the dad to Willow's pups.
Through the years, we've tried numerous top quality foods and landed on TLC puppy and dog food. It is definitely our top pick for quality, value, and service (they ship fresh food for free to your door). Click the logo to the left to get a $5 off coupon, or if you go to the site directly, enter coupon code 68765-1025.
We're pleased to announce a standardSheepadoodle litter that should be born the end of August 2017. These Sheepadoodle puppies will be going to forever homes when they're 8 weeks old.
We've kept the pictures below of our last Sheepadoodle litter. We love reading good literature to our kids (and watching some fun Disney stories). We chose to name the pups from our last Sheepadoodle litter from Disney's magical Beauty and the Beast. Just to be clear, the pups below are not available. We've received dozens of applications for our litter that should born the end of August 2017, but we're trying to be very picky to get the best families. With our last litter (below); we had to narrow down about 100 applications to a handful. They each went to tremendous forever homes.